The history of the mansion in Sójki began in 1820, although the first references to the village appear in the sources from 1522. They describe the village as an old ancestral seat of the family Sójeckich, coat of arms Grzymała. In the nineteenth century, as a result of family divisions, Sójki pass into the possession of the family Cieleccy, coat of arms Zaremba. Here, too, in the second decade of the nineteenth century, Felix Cielecki son of Wojciech, Muchnowski Governor, founded the palatial mansion, which now houses our hotel.
The building itself was built in neo-Renaissance style although in its architectural details, one can find some neo-gothic elements. After the fall of the November Uprising, in which the constructor of the mansion took an active part, the property threatened confiscation in favor of the tsarist authorities. Cielecki wanting to protect his assets, submits an oath of allegiance, and soon brings to his estate tar workers and builds a sugar factory. The dawn of life of Felix was marked by the tragedy of the loss of his youngest son Stefan, who was court-martially sentenced to death for participating in the uprising. The execution took place in Przasnysz November 14th, 1863. After father's death, Sójki were inherited by the eldest son of Zdzisław, whose wife was Wanda Cielecka, family coat of arms Zaremba.
Thanks to Wanda, the Cielecki family gained valuable inheritance - a rosewood piano donated by her loving friend, the Duchess Karolina Sayn - Wittgenstein. Maestro Ferenc Liszt himself performed on that instrument, who on the other hand had a passionate affair with the Duchess. Currently, the instrument which has undergone a professional restoration, returned to Sójki, and is exhibited in the main dining hall, where it enjoys the eyes and ears of our hotel guests and visitors.
Fortune left by Wanda and Zdzislaw Cielecki was inherited by their daughter Maria Stefania, who after her divorce from Jerzy Moszyński, raised alone in Sójki Jan Moszyński, the youngest of her three sons, who was a child out of wedlock with famous Polish painter Wojciech Kossak. Besides his mother, also being a person endowed with substantial art talent (after all, to this day, Maria Stefania's hand written bilingual diary has been preserved, and her painting still adorns the main nave of a church in Łoniowo, her place of birth), the greatest talent was inherited by a later student of the Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow, apprentice of Jacek Malczewski and then priest - Stanisław. He left behind two painting albums - one entitled "XS. Moszyński. Pharisees. Knight of Christ," is now in the collection of the Hotel Dwór Sójki.
The mentioned above, younger son of Jan Chryzostom, graduated from the Vienna Academy of Theresiana and then, as a pageboy, stayed at the court of Emperor Franz Joseph I. In 1898, Jan returned to the family nest, where he was actively involved in social activities and soon was elected mayor of the municipality of Sójki. In 1928, the Count decided to sell the property to Baron Leon Marian Koryźna and then he moved to Toruń, where he died in 1938.
It is worth mentioning that before leaving Kutno, Count Jan offered its inhabitants his library consisting of 2300 volumes. This donation has been instrumental in the establishment of the first genuine public library in Kutno. During the Second World War a secret RSHA - Reich Security Office has been established in the palace, which operated until 1945. Within the palace building premises, after the Battle of Bzura, a POW camp for Polish soldiers was created.
Later on, the officers were transferred to a POW camp in Germany (Murnau), and the privates, but not all, were set free. After the war, a primary school was formed in the palace building, which only in 1998 is transferred to the neighboring village. In 2000, the facility is acquired by the present owner, who after twelve years of painstaking restoration works, opens the building as Hotel Dwór Sójki.